Along with the news of updates for CS3 and Device Central to support FlashLite 3 Authoring from within the CS 3 suite of products. The FlashLite product website has a side by side comparison of various Flash player specifications that are currently being used in Mobiles and other devices.
see the Flash Version Comparison Chart
Some Points of interest for me were the following:
- The FlashLite 3 player is actually smaller than the FlashLite 2.1 player
- The minimum memory requirements for the FlashLite 3 player is un-altered
- The recommended memory is un-altered for for the FlashLite 3 Player
- There is no improvement in the worst case memory usage of FlashLite 3 content over FlashLite 2.1
- Added support for meta data in FlashLite 3 Content
Also I see that the FlashLite 3 player has “External API for browser scripting”, assuming there is a mechanism to update the players within device web browsers this may well offer a clean interface for the detection of screen orientation I have been experimenting with lately.
Another interesting point FlashLite 2.1 and FlashLite 3 seem to both offer support for “Complex languages (Thai, Arabic, Hebrew, etc.)”. Yet this is still not supported by the desktop player? Yet.